Monday, July 12, 2010

Yummy Banana Split

Anyone have a spoon? I'm ready to eat this very tasty banana split. It's got vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream topped with pineapple, chocolate, and cherry syrup and whipped cream! You can find this amazing pattern at The Craft Frog "Banana Split." I altered a few things on my split. First for the whipped cream I ran the beginning tail around the stitches at the top to gather the cream and I very lightly stuffed the cream so it would hold it's shape. Second I made the syrup all one piece. You can find the instructions in the first comment. Third I'm not a fan of hot-gluing my ami's together, so I stitched it all to make it one piece. ~♥

5 comments:

elf ♥ dwarf said...

Syrup ~
Rnd 1: 6 sc in ring [6]
Rnd 2: (sc2 in next sc) around [12]
Rnd 3: sc, ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook and down ch (5 sc total), sc in next 3 sc, ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook and down ch (7 sc total), sc in next 3 sc, ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook and down ch (5 sc total), sc in next 3 sc, ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook and down ch (7 sc total), sc in next 2 sc
Finish off

Erika said...

They look so yummy I just want to eat them. Good thing they don't have any calories.

By the way, been meaning to say that I enjoy looking at your work very much. Keep up the good work and "Happy Hooking"!

Joy said...

I <3 them! You are my hero for sewing them all together!

elf ♥ dwarf said...

Erika ~ exactly! I love to crochet desserts for that very reason. I can actually taste the ice cream when I'm making it.

Joy ~ Yes sewing 30+ pieces together is quite a chore! I see now why you use the hot-glue.

Meira Shana said...

I've got to learn how to crochet better!!!

My friend and I had a HUGE banana split in Julian CA and this would be a perfect gift for her!!!

Post a Comment